Need Advice on Roof Repair – Is It Time to Replace or Patch?

Hey everyone!

I’m looking for advice on my roof. I’ve noticed a few leaks recently, especially after heavy rain. Some shingles also look pretty worn out. I’m wondering if it’s better to patch up these spots or go for a full roof replacement?

The roof is about 15 years old, so it's not new but not ancient either. Also, how much should I expect to spend on repairs vs replacement? I’d appreciate any insights, especially from those who’ve dealt with a similar situation.

Thanks in advance!

johnluke

Hey! It sounds like you're in a common situation. Since your roof is about 15 years old and showing signs of wear, it might be a good idea to get a professional inspection. If the damage is localized—like just a few shingles—you might be able to get away with patching those spots. However, if there are multiple leaks or extensive wear, a full replacement could be more cost-effective in the long run.

For those in your area, consider roof restoration Dandenong, as it can breathe new life into your roof without a full replacement. As for costs, patching typically ranges from $200 to $1,000, while a full replacement could cost anywhere from $5,000 to $15,000 or more, depending on materials and labor in your area. Weigh the long-term benefits and consider how long you plan to stay in your home.

Comment